Thursday, January 13, 2011

People are crazy

Is it just me or is the world getting crazier?

I used to fear that the world was dumbing down so fast that soon, the population of the world would be working on an intelligence deficit. I think we have surpassed that and we are now at a point where a good portion of the population may be insane.

My definition of crazy is broad. There is mildly crazy, like people who obsessively collect figurines of elephants in clown makeup. There's moderately crazy like the people who get irrationally angry when anyone disagrees with their point of view. This group is alarmingly large. You see them in the bars screaming down anyone who doesn't think that "Mad Men" is the best show on television. There's Keith Olbermann, who I could picture screaming "Do you know who I AM?!?!?" at fellow passengers on the subway. Slightly above that are the schizophrenics who fling poo at random strangers after making a visit to the local methadone clinic. The thing that bothers me is that this group seems to be growing. My statistics (a random poll given to a small number of close friends) tell me 60 percent of the population is insane to some degree. It looks like this:



I bet I'm right.

Want proof? Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment