Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's all about me.

We all have aspects of our personalities that are shaped by our past experiences. While I don't believe that we are the things that have happened to us, I do think that we have to make a conscious effort to recognize those aspects of our personalities that have been shaped (good or bad) by our experiences. Realization of this, ironically, can only come from within, not from outside input. This blog is, in some small way, my way of working through who I am. It is all about me.

From time to time, I may glibly approach subjects that hit other people very close to home. Maliciously rubbing salt in somebody's wound is not my modus operandi. I may be cynical and my sense of humor tends to be as dry as month old toast, but I'm not hateful. In fact, there are very few times that I have shot venom in the face of anyone that I knew personally. I'm a fairly easygoing person. If you know me, you will probably find things in my posts that make you wonder whether or not I'm talking about you. I'm not. It's all about me.

Because this blog is all about me
, I open myself up to a lot of criticism. There will be people who criticize my parenting, my marriage, my weight, my face, my writing skills, my religious beliefs, and the list goes on and on. If a gave a steaming pile of crap for other people's opinions, I would have conformed to their vision of right and wrong a long time ago. Chances are, I have probably thought about it in depth, examined your point of view in one form or another and found it lacking and therefore decided to discard it. It probably didn't fit in with what I know from my own personal experiences. Critical people are as common as pennies and not worth nearly as much. Those who can criticize creatively have somewhat more value to me but chances are that's not you. So unless you are convinced that you can either convince me with your rock solid reasoning skills that my p.o.v. is wrong, or you can criticize me in a way where I think, "I'm gonna have to steal that line and use it when I feel especially mean." Shut your cake hole.

We all have choices, my particular brand of cyanide may not suit you. It's okay not to subscribe. I'll still write the blog anyway, even if nobody reads it. Why? Because, it's all about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment