Friday, February 4, 2011

Thank You Farmville!

I may not believe that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to but with a little concerted effort, I do believe that you can move significantly in the right direction. I have accomplished some things in my life that I'm pretty proud of: losing weight, maintaining an above average gpa while working and going to school full time, raising 3 great kids. These are all things that I wear like a badge of honor. Yet if you were my "friend" on facebook, you would have to wade through multiple posts about my Farmville accomplishments before you ever knew any of these things about me.

My previous posts have been as follows:
Maggie found scissors
Maggie found fuel
Maggie collected strawberries
Maggie needs chocolates (for a goal on farmville)
Maggie just got an award for harvesting avocados
Maggie posted "Who does your taxes?" on a friend's page.

Then there's ten more posts about what I've accomplished on Farmville.
If you were to ask my closest and dearest friends, they would tell you that on occassion, I can be funny and engaging. In real life, that may be true, but on facebook, I'm just another Farmville junkie. The worst part of it all is, I'm not the best "farmer" out of all my friends. Their little patches of land are overflowing with little squares of awesomeness. In the meantime, I can't get enough fake chocolates sent to me to acheive the Farmville goal of matching a ewe with a ram in time to get an amorous animal badge by Valentines day.

My awesomeness level diminishes with every crop I harvest. Thank you Farmville.

Not my farm :(

No comments:

Post a Comment